(Published in April 2018 issue of Santwanam magazine.)
A few time-tested practices can make your life healthy and happy.
1. Wake up early, and take some time for a short meditation or prayer.
2. Drink enough water. It helps in free passage of motion and urine.
3. Inculcate habit of passing urine and motion early in the morning. If it is not happening as a routine, it is a cause of concern. Inform your physician as it may indicate some potential illness.
4. Brush your teeth well to remove accumulated dirt with powder/paste having antiseptic properties, at least twice a day. Remember to clean tongue and gum as well. Use device without sharp edges. Gargling with saline water is also good.
5. Massage your body with suitable oil before taking bath. It helps in free movement of joints and muscles. It improves blood circulation, and makes skin soft, supple and shiny.
6. Physical exercise helps to improve vitality, increases blood circulation, builds stamina, and helps to develop natural resistance to diseases.
7. Take bath with clean and warm water
8. Eat balanced diet suitable to your body constitution.
9. Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
10. Avoid going to sleeping late in the night.
11. Bed and bedroom should be neat, clean, and free of dust and bugs.
12. Relax mind with prayer, music or meditation before going to bed.
As the world celebrate today as World Health Day under the patronage of the
World Health Organization with Universal Health Coverage as the theme for this
year, we wish everyone a very healthy and happy life
‘lokaa samastaa sukhino bhavantu’