Third issue of Santwanam magazine, , an online magazine for Ayurveda for everyone, is released today, September 1st, 2017.
It is available for download here
Santwanam web site is uploaded as a humble beginning.
Keep visiting us back for more details
In panjchabhootas, Akaasa (space) is associated with sound and it is perceived by the njanendriya Ears (srotras). We associate sound with space. eg. When did the noise come from?
Three kinds of energy imbalances
We, humans, interact with the world through actions using fine organs
1. Paadam (feet)
2. Paani (Hands)
3. Paayu (rectum)
4. Upastam (Genitals)
5. Vaak (mouth)
We understand the world which is made up of panchabhootas, through five njanendriyas
1. Ears (srotras) to listen to sound
2. Eyes (chakshus) to see the world
3. Nose (nasika) for smell
4. Tongue (jihva) for tasting
5. Skin (tvak) for touch
In everything, everyone, every being, there is a natural and unique distribution of thrigunas and that balance defines the very character.
These gunas are:
1. Satva which is constructive and harmonious
2. Rajas which is passionate and active
3. Tamas presents inertia symbolized by darkness and chaos
Factors that goes into cosmic creation are categorized as:
1. Akaasa (Space); it is closely associated with perception of sound
2. Vaayu (Air, representing movement); it is closely associated with perception of sound and touch
3. Agni (Fire); it is closely associated with perception of sound, touch and shape
4. Jalam (Water); it is closely associated with perception of sound, touch, shape and taste
5. Bhoomi (Earth); it is closely associated with perception of sound, touch, shape, taste and smell